7 cups of old fashioned oats
1 cup of sliced almonds
1 cup of chopped walnuts
2 cups of chopped pecans
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup of unsweetened coconut (optional)
1 cup of raisins
1 cup of dried apples, chopped
3/4 cup of butter
1 cup of honey
2 tsp of vanilla
1 tsp of salt
2 drops of
2 drops of nutmeg vitality oil
1 drop of
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the old fashioned oats, almonds, walnut, pecans, sunflower seeds, and coconut (if using).
3. In a small saucepan, add the butter and honey and stir on low heat until melted. Remove from the heat and add vanilla, salt, cinnamon bark vitality oil, nutmeg vitality oil, and ginger vitality oil to the melted honey and butter. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
4. Line two 10″ x 15″ baking sheets with parchment paper. Divide the oat mixture evenly between the pans and spread into an even layer.
5. Bake for 75 minutes.
6. Allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes. Break the granola into small chunks and stir in the dried apples and raisins. Store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
Today we are making Lemon Bread! 🍋 This is the recipe that made Ryan's Grandma say, "Wow. I'm glad you joined the family!" (And she is a tough cookie). Ha!
This Lemon Bread recipe can take on several variations! My favorite is Lemon Almond Bread but you could omit the almonds and add a few drops of Lavender Vitality to make Lemon Lavender Bread like the photo!
For the bread:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
2 large eggs slightly beaten
8 drops of Lemon Vitality oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
For the lemon glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
5 drops of Lemon Vitality oil
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 Tbsp milk
3 tablespoons sliced almonds for garnishing the loaf
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant. Add in Lemon Vitality oil. Whisk into the flour mixture. Set aside.
3. In a separate medium bowl, combine the milk, oil, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract.
4. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
5. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Place the loaf on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove loaf from pan. Let cool completely on wire rack.
6. While the bread is cooling, make the lemon glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, Lemon Vitality oil, and almond extract. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle the glaze of the lemon almond bread. Sprinkle sliced almonds over the bread. Cut and serve. Enjoy!
What are you whipping up in your kitchen today?
Some reminders when mixing your own cleaning products.
1. Essential oils are very potent and can break down plastic so it is best to use glass spray bottles if you are cleaning with essential oils.
2. It is best to use distilled water when mixing up your own cleaning supplies. Tap water contains bacteria and can grow icky things if it is sitting in a bottle for a while.
3. Give your spray bottles a shake before using to help disperse the oil into the water.
Here are some of my favorite household cleaning recipes.
All Purpose Cleaner
Fill a glass spray bottle 2/3 of the way with white vinegar and 1/3 of the way with distilled water. Add 20 drops of Lemon essential oil. Great to use for stove tops and stainless steel appliances. Add 10 drops of Thieves or Purification essential oils for an extra boost.
Add ½ a cup of baking soda to a bowl. Add 6 drops of Purification essential oil. Mix with a spoon until the essential oils are evenly dispersed. Sprinkle liberally over the carpet and let it sit for 20 min. Vacuum up the baking soda and enjoy the fresh smell of your carpet! You may want to double this recipe for a larger carpet.
1 cup of Distilled Water
1 cup of White Vinegar
16 drops of Lemon essential oil
Combine all ingredients in a glass spray bottle. Shake to disperse the oils before each use.
Kitchen Sink Scrub
You will Need:
1 glass jar
2 cups of baking soda
10 drops of Lemon essential oil
10 drops of Thieves essential oil
Pour all of the ingredients into the jar and mix together.
When it’s time to use it, sprinkle the mixture all over the sink and let it sit for a minute. Add 1 tsp of Castile Soap (or dish soap) and scrub all over with a brush and rinse it down.
Bathroom Tile Scrub
1 cup of Baking soda
1/4 cup of Thieves Household Cleaner
10 drops of Lemon essential oil
Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl or jar until it forms a paste. Scrub the paste over the tile and allow to sit for a few minutes. Rinse off.
1 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner
Sprinkle Baking Soda around the inside of the toilet. Add capful of Thieves Household cleaner and scrub with toilet brush. Easy peasy!
Do you have any favorite cleaning recipes you’d like to share? Leave a comment below!
Here is a quick and easy recipe for deep cleaning using your Thieves Household Cleaner.
3 cups Baking Soda
¾ cup of Thieves household cleaner
1 Tbs of Distilled White Vinegar
30 drops of
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. It will be the texture of a paste. Store in an air-tight container or jar. Best if used within three months.
scant ½ cup shea butter
½ cup coconut oil
¼ cup almond oil
20 drops of essential oil
Instructions: Melt shea butter and coconut oil over medium heat on the stove. I use the bowl of my stand mixer as a double boiler and let it rest on top of a pot of simmering water to do this. Once melted, let the mixture sit until it reaches room temperature. Stir in the almond oil. Place the mixture in the refrigerator and allow to cool until it turns opaque (a little over an hour). Attach bowl to the stand mixer and whip with the whisk attachment on medium until it is light and fluffy. Make sure you don’t whip too quickly or the mixture will melt. Add essential oils of your choice and lightly whip again until soft peaks form. Add to glass jars.
*Lavender, Orange, Elemi, Melrose, Cedarwood and Frankincense are all great essential oils to use to support your skin.